Friday 13 September 2013

Fan Art Friday: Nurse on Call by Edith Cotterill and Laputa Castle in the Sky Fan Art (^_~)

Hi Everyone and Happy Fan Art Friday! Today's fan art were all drawn by hand and then modified on Photoshop CS3. Other than adjusting to the use of traditional Materials I thought that at times I might switch to digital drawing. It has been a while since I've used Photoshop. I will still use traditional materials for my work.

The first fan art is of the novel which I am currently reading called 'Nurse On Call' by Edith Cotterill. So far I'm loving the novel so far and I thought I will create another fan art. This is the third one that I've created. I've chose to draw Edith from the side instead of the centre and also draw different periods of her life quite differently. The last two drawing were in Watercolour paints and I felt that I rushed these pieces. This one is in the form of a digital drawing. I hope you all like it:



















The next fan art is of the Studio Ghibli movie 'Laptuta Castle in the Sky'. Strangely, this was the first movie that I saw briefly when I was about eleven or twelve. It came on channel 4. Back then I was a bit put off by some of the first few scenes and immediately changed the channel. It wasn't until 2008 when I watched it  again and realised that I should have remained patient and watched the whole movie. I chose to make this fan art because it was in fact the first Studio Ghibli movie that I watched quite a bit Where as 'Spirited Away' was the movie I probably enjoyed the most. There are in fact more of these movies that I really enjoy and I hope to make a fan art of these films at some point:

























There will be more fan art next week. Thank You for stopping by and for reading my blog. Please leave a comment! (^_~)

No comments: