Tuesday 17 September 2013

Dark and Light Story 2: Prelude to Mid-Summer Story 3/3

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all well. Here is the Dark and Light Story 2, which is prequel to the Mid-Summer story.

Other than receiving a lot of views from many countries from around the world, the most views seem to be from the UK, USA and surprisingly Russia.

As a result of this I thought that would make the princess wear a 'Duniasha' (dress) and a Kokoshnik (hat). Her intended suitor is wearing clothes which is from Colonial America during the 1700's. The villian of the story is of course from the UK and I thought that I would create the dress that she wears.

Here are the initial sketches for this story. The first is of the Russian Princess and the Colonial Officer and the ring used in the story:


© Cherish York 17th/09/13


























© Cherish York 17th/09/13

























© Cherish York 17th/09/13

























For the female Villain I made two character designs. The first one was inspired by Pink's song 'True Love'. featuring Lilly Allen. I likes the hairstyle that Lilly Allen had, but I chose not to use it was too common. So I did the second one and I felt satisfied.:

© Cherish York 17th/09/13

























© Cherish York 17th/09/13

























© Cherish York 17th/09/13

























Here are also the facial expressions for all three characters:

© Cherish York 17th/09/13

























© Cherish York 17th/09/13


























Just like my last Dark and Light story, this story will follow the same procedure, but the colours are different. The colours used in this story and also the Mid-Summer Story are based on the Irish girl band  B*Witched's second album 'Awake and Breathe' I adored the cover so much, that I thought I would follow suit with both stories. The song that inspired me to create this story was the track 'To You I belong':


















































































































































































I will be creating another Dark and Light story. This will be shown hopefully after I find out the short list of the Manga Jiman Competiton that is been held this year. Whenever I am or not part of the short-list I will be showing it around the month of January.

The next to follow is the pencil sketches of the Mid-Summer Story....stay tuned! \(^o^)/

No comments: