Friday 2 August 2013

Fan Art Friday: Shizuku from Bara Nai No Hanaya, Sailor V and Luffy from One Piece! (^_^)

Happy August and Happy Fan Art Friday Everyone! Today I will be showing three fan arts. Two of them are a both an anime and a manga the other is a Japanese drama. The materials used were pencil and water-colour paints. I intend on using these materials because these are one of the materials that I would like to improve on.

The first fan art is of the manga  Codename: Sailor V who is also known as Sailor Venus in the manga Sailor Moon. It's by the same author of the Sailor Moon Series. I drew this as a response to the Usagi and Mamoru-chan and Artemis and Luna fan art that I created. Currently I'm reading the manga and I find it very very funny. There were times when I laughed hysterically on buses and also on the tube thanks to this manga. The water-colours turned out to become amazingly brilliant when I completed it \(^_~)/ :

Drawn by Cherish York © Naoko Takeuchi 



















Next is the anime and manga series One Piece. I started watching this anime during my late-teens, but stopped watching it at some point. In March, when I was working at my stewarding job. I was talking with a work colleuge of mine who was an Otaku. She convinced my to watch the anime and ultimately I gave in and watched it after work. I continued watching the anime from where I stopped and realized what I was missing out on. The next day, I spoke to her and I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it. She felt that her mission was complete after spending the previous day convincing me to watch. It was thanks to her that I'm now a fan and it is now added to my list of favourites. I've drawn the main protagonist Monkey D. Luffy:

Drawn by Cherish York © Eiichiro Oda






















The final fan art for today is of a Japanese Drama that I watched back in 2009. It is called 'Bara No Nai Hanaya' which translates to 'A Florist Shop with no Roses' It tells the story about a man called Eiji and his florist shop. This was the second Japanese Drama that I watched and I absolutely LOVED it. \(^0^)/ I loved it so much that I kept watching the episodes over and over. I would love to by the series on DVD. The girl in the drawing is Shizuku. She plays a very significant role in the series and is really awesome. There are flowers in the background which I chose to use to convey what I tried to express. In fact there are a lot of characters that I really like in this:

Drawn by Cherish York © Screen Writer: Nojima Shinji 























Surprisingly, I created a lot of fan art this week but since I was very busy, I haven't been able to complete it. So, some of the fan art will be posted up next Friday. Thanks for visiting! Please leave a comment! Have a great month! \(^_^)/

No comments: