Friday 16 August 2013

Fan Art Friday: Arale from Dr.Slump, Sanji from One Piece, Who You Were by OperaSinger96, and Dragon Heir by Emma Vieceli

Happy Friday everyone, here is another batch of fan art that I will be sharing with you. Three of the fan arts were created using Watercolour Paints with coloured pencils and a 2B pencil. The fourth one was created using pencil, ink, with screentones and text from Photoshop CS3.


The first fan art is of Arale who is from the manga Dr.Slump by Akira Toriyama. She makes a cameo appearance in the manga Dragonball.  Alongside her, Dr.Slump is present as well as other characters too. I was reading Dragonball this week and I marvel at how she managed things. I will not reveal which volume she's in but she seems to be a very very interesting character. The outcome of this fan art is pretty cool.
Drawn by Cherish York © Akira Toriyama
























Next, is of Sanji from the manga and anime One Piece by Eiichiro Oda. Sanji is my favourite character. I love his for his adventurous character as well as his fight moves. (His incredible high kicks) Most of all it is because of the fact that he's a cook. I was turned on about this. I wasn't that keen on how his voice was like in the English dub, but when I began to watch the series again the Japanese, my love for this character came back and I adored his voice. As a result of this I felt that it was necessary to draw him. I seemed to have done OK, I think I shall continue to try and draw more male characters in the future. \ (^o^) /:

Drawn by Cherish York © Eiichiro Oda
  






















The third fan art, is based on a poem called 'Who You Were' by Deviantart member OperaSinger96. I was quite fascinated by this poem so I felt the need to draw some fan art. The author also created stories other and poetry and she a singer too. I'm quite surprised of how this fan art has turned out. By looking at it with fresh eyes I can see how the water colours blend really well. I even you a light brown coloured pencil to sketch out the scenes:

Drawn by Cherish York © OperaSinger96























Lastly, this fan art is of the manga Dragon Heir by Emma Vieceli. I read comic a couple of years back and during the month of May this year, I bought the volume. It was brilliant to meeting her in person and I think she is a wonderful person. Here are the main characters in a little fued over food. I thought of this concept during the late hours of the night after completing some uni art work. My brain could not go to sleep and all I kept thinking about was of small story plots. Since my favourite character of the manga was Lyntra, I thought this would be interesting to convey him in this way. Just in case you cannot see the fan art properly here, have a look at it in this link:


















More fan art next week!
Have a great week and month!
Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment!

No comments: