Thursday 11 July 2013

Fan Art Friday: Reliving the Teenage Otaku: Yu-Gi-Oh, Tenchi and Pokemon

Helloo! Every One As it is Fan Art Friday today, I thought I'd show a couple that I did during the week during bus and train journeys to work. These drawing are based on the anime and manga that I read and watch in my teens towards early twenties. It was pretty much when I became an Otaku.

The first one is Yu-Gi-Oh. I absolutely adore the first sires involving Yugi Moutou, Over time when I got to find out how the story changes when he meets a range of friends and enemies, I was awed. In my late teen to early 20's I began to read the manga, I'm half way through 6 volumes through Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist (Which was of translated in to English) and I was even more amazed. Reading the story in comic form was inspiring. There were even some parts that left me really scared. (Seriously ^_^!) I encourage you to read the manga. If you can find it, please read it you'll love for sure. I had you use real cartoon images to get it into proportion. The image is split so you'll see Yami Yugi and Yugi Moto:

Drawn By Cherish York © Kazuki Takahashi



































The next is Pokemon. It was a huge big deal when I was 12. I watched it every Saturday when it was on SM:TV Live and also on Sky One. This was of course the first series. Overtime there were movies and more series to add on to the segment. It's was inspired by the  Nintendo game too. Oh and I drew this from memory.  Here is as Ash:

Drawn by Cherish York



































Lastly there was the anime series Tenchi: Muyo. This was shown on cartoon network, from the late 90's to mid 00's. It was main about a teenage bout called Tenchi who goes into his family shrine and some how revives Ryoko the space pirate. Over time new characters are introduced into the story and also of shenanigans happen between him and these characters. It was split into three series with different stories. These are Tenchi: Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo and another Tenchi GXP. There was also a spin-off called Pretty Sammy. Once of my favourite characters was called Washu, she a scientist and can create a lot thing. She can even create computer viruses too. I did use reference but this was after I tried drew most of if from memory:

Drawn by Cherish York: ©Hitoshi Okuda







































There will be more fan art next week. Also Summer Story will be finished very soon. It is reaching in final stages, so please bear with me. Please leave a comment and thanks for reading! ^_^

No comments: